+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Loss of signal?

Lightbulb Loss of signal?

Hi all.
    My DS3 2011 appears to have lost its gps signal.
    Sat nav cannot calculate route, either searches for an age or just shows little red triangle without loading any map etc and traffic announcements can't find location.
    Anyone had this or know how to rectify?
    Thanks in advance

Ps think it's the myway system.

Ultra Prestige Member cyclone has a reputation beyond repute cyclone has a reputation beyond repute cyclone has a reputation beyond repute cyclone has a reputation beyond repute cyclone has a reputation beyond repute cyclone has a reputation beyond repute cyclone has a reputation beyond repute cyclone has a reputation beyond repute cyclone has a reputation beyond repute cyclone has a reputation beyond repute cyclone has a reputation beyond repute cyclone's Avatar
    DS3 model
    THP SportChic that's a DSport to you

pull out of the underground car park?

or could check the connections on the antenna and on the back of the radio. Would also try disconnecting the cars battery for a short time to see if the system will reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone View Post
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broda View Post
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Ultra Prestige Member Bigfeet has a reputation beyond repute Bigfeet has a reputation beyond repute Bigfeet has a reputation beyond repute Bigfeet has a reputation beyond repute Bigfeet has a reputation beyond repute Bigfeet has a reputation beyond repute Bigfeet has a reputation beyond repute Bigfeet has a reputation beyond repute Bigfeet has a reputation beyond repute Bigfeet has a reputation beyond repute Bigfeet has a reputation beyond repute Bigfeet's Avatar
    DS3 model
    T-Spark Spider

Sounds daft but you have checked to see if your aerial is on the car still?

Most likely cause is a signal loss between the unit and the aerial, it might be worth popping the unit out of the dash to check the cable connections at the back.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Ultra Prestige Member liamlazenby has a reputation beyond repute liamlazenby has a reputation beyond repute liamlazenby has a reputation beyond repute liamlazenby has a reputation beyond repute liamlazenby has a reputation beyond repute liamlazenby has a reputation beyond repute liamlazenby has a reputation beyond repute liamlazenby has a reputation beyond repute liamlazenby has a reputation beyond repute liamlazenby has a reputation beyond repute liamlazenby has a reputation beyond repute liamlazenby's Avatar
    DS3 model
    DS3 HDi 90bhp DStyle

Alternative Problem to signal loss.....
    Having HID Kit abolishes radio signal when they're on. Any known reason why? Removed my a couple of years ago because if it.
    Knock Knock?

Prestige Member notrix is on a distinguished road notrix's Avatar
    DS3 model
    DS3-R

Quote Originally Posted by gemma.kireia View Post
    Hi all.
    My DS3 2011 appears to have lost its gps signal.
    Sat nav cannot calculate route, either searches for an age or just shows little red triangle without loading any map etc and traffic announcements can't find location.
    Anyone had this or know how to rectify?
    Thanks in advance

Ps think it's the myway system.
    This exact thing has happened to my 2012 DS3 Racing. Tried a system reset, upgrade the RNEG software and buy new maps.. nothing helps. Did you ever resolve this issue?

Site Owner WTF has a reputation beyond repute WTF has a reputation beyond repute WTF has a reputation beyond repute WTF has a reputation beyond repute WTF has a reputation beyond repute WTF has a reputation beyond repute WTF has a reputation beyond repute WTF has a reputation beyond repute WTF has a reputation beyond repute WTF has a reputation beyond repute WTF has a reputation beyond repute WTF's Avatar
    DS3 model
    DSport+ R3 Red Edition

Have you checked the aerial as Biggy suggested to the OP?

Just so we know all of the things that have been ticked off the list!
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

DS3 model
    DS3-R

Haven't checked the aerial.. have no clue where it's located tho :P
    Guess I would have to get a pair of those ejector pins to be able to pull out the headunit.

DS3 model
    DS3-R

The dealership found that it was a problem with the aerial and gonna replace it under warranty

Ultra Prestige Member Funky is a splendid one to behold Funky is a splendid one to behold Funky is a splendid one to behold Funky is a splendid one to behold Funky is a splendid one to behold Funky is a splendid one to behold Funky is a splendid one to behold Funky's Avatar
    DS3 model
    e-HDi Airdream DSport 115

Another 10 points to Biggy. The man is on a roll recently
    Roads?.....Where we're going we don't need.......roads!

Site Owner WTF has a reputation beyond repute WTF has a reputation beyond repute WTF has a reputation beyond repute WTF has a reputation beyond repute WTF has a reputation beyond repute WTF has a reputation beyond repute WTF has a reputation beyond repute WTF has a reputation beyond repute WTF has a reputation beyond repute WTF has a reputation beyond repute WTF has a reputation beyond repute WTF's Avatar
    DS3 model
    DSport+ R3 Red Edition

It's almost as if he knows what he's talking about!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Prestige Member Snake is on a distinguished road Snake's Avatar
    DS3 model
    1.6 E-HDI DSTYLE

I've been having the similar problems where the satnav wasn't picking up the satellites , Went to dealer and picked up an ariel base 40 and now works even better,
    There is an upgraded version of the ariel base comes with 3 connectors my old one had 2 and now i pickup 5 - 7 satellites and a better radio and phone signal.
    I took the old one apart and it had abit of corrosion in it so that might of been the problem.
    IMG_20170623_054213310.jpg

+ Reply to Thread