?????
      I'm similarly confused haha

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

DStyle 1.6VTi
      De-Badged | DSport interior | Blacked out bellones/Silver calipers
      Redline or walk

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        What's happened to the "new posts" & "mark forums read" functions? Without these a forum is, for me, more or less unusable.

"What's new" as it stands is pointless - it just links to individual posts, not the thread they are posted in.

I'll come back in a week or so to see if things have improved . . . if not, I'm outa here.
        DaveB originally said this. So I'm assuming he isn't happy that his concerns haven't been rectified in the new look site and is therefore leaving the forum. Ah well!!
        DS3 DSport - eHDi 115 Airdream - Shark Grey with Infinite Blue Roof & Mirrors
        "Roads?... Where we're going we don't need....roads!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Over a month later & no change. I'll take that as a "no", then!

Ah well,it was fun while it lasted. . .
          No worries Dave. I'll take this as an unofficial request to ban your account

We wouldn't want anybody thinking you're associated with such a horrible site, eh?

Thanks for the feedback and all the best for the future.
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Funky

DaveB originally said this. So I'm assuming he isn't happy that his concerns haven't been rectified in the new look site and is therefore leaving the forum. Ah well!!
            No reason to throw his toys out of the pram like that.
            Never mind, looks like he got what he wanted...

DStyle 1.6VTi
            Redline or walk

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post

No worries Dave. I'll take this as an unofficial request to ban your account

We wouldn't want anybody thinking you're associated with such a horrible site, eh?

Thanks for the feedback and all the best for the future.
              Like I said - Ah well!!

Comment

I don't understand the attitude, no one has to pay to use this site and Liam/Joni give up masses of their time and efforts for us - so why act like your request is so important?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                  I don't understand the attitude, no one has to pay to use this site and Liam/Joni give up masses of their time and efforts for us - so why act like your request is so important?
                  Makes 2 of us buddy. I said my piece when he originally posted that comment and I could post more about it, but it's not worth my time!!

Comment

Originally posted by Funky

Makes 2 of us buddy. I said my piece when he originally posted that comment and I could post more about it, but it's not worth my time!!
                    Totally agree, Liam and Joni bend over backwards for this community and to be spoken to in that manner is just plain disgusting.
                    Draw a line under it I say though, it's been dealt with 'effectively'

DStyle 1.6VTi
                    Redline or walk

Comment

Noticing that the edit function is no longer available for Ultra Prestige members. It is there for the first few minutes to correct typos but the ability to long-term edit has been lost at some point.
                      ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                      Based in Gosport/Portsmouth, UK

Comment

Originally posted by BenS
                        Noticing that the edit function is no longer available for Ultra Prestige members. It is there for the first few minutes to correct typos but the ability to long-term edit has been lost at some point.
                        Edit works for me in Tapatalk and on mobile site. Iíll check browser when I get to work. On mobile site, click the three dots next to the post > edit.

If that doesnít work for you then probably an inconsistency between donating and ultra prestige members, Iím sure Liam will sort it.
                        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post

Edit works for me in Tapatalk and on mobile site. Iíll check browser when I get to work. On mobile site, click the three dots next to the post > edit.

If that doesnít work for you then probably an inconsistency between donating and ultra prestige members, Iím sure Liam will sort it.
                          Yeah it does have that option for a bit on a recent post Beefy, but after a while the edit option disappears, so can't update any older posts that you may have done. Like you say Liam will sort it

Comment

Sorry for the delay in updating.

Edit button is a permissions, it should be available for the first 5 minutes after a post to allow for any typo's. After that time only admins can edit posts.

I'm happy with that rule as it prevents any retractions of statements after they've already been submitted, but happy to be advised if you guys have different opinions?
                            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Seems fair, I just liked the ability to update for example the front post of a progress thread with links to each new development. With the new site all the page numbers are different as it can't display the same number of posts per page as the old one, only less or more.

I'm okay without the edits, but I'm thinking that the number of Ultra-Prestige perks is getting smaller with the loss of shoutbox and the post edit function. I choose the membership to support the site, but for newer members considering whether to upgrade or not, the main reason now is the access to discounts. Speaking of membership, I believe the list of perks needs to be updated to account for the loss of said features on the new site, just so you don't get anyone accusing you of misleading advertising etc. (because there's always one)
                              ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                              Based in Gosport/Portsmouth, UK

Comment

Don't know how possible it would be to have a view original post option and then force people to put an edit reason?
                                That would be ideal but obvs if it's not possible then no worries

DStyle 1.6VTi
                                Redline or walk

Comment

Working...
                                X