Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battery spec

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Battery spec

    Hi. Could someone please tell me what the official Citroen battery spec is for the 1.6 THP 155 (2013). I've had a look in the handbook but can't see it specified anywhere and battery suppliers are trying to flog me a new battery anywhere from 50Ah 390 cca to 68Ah 630cca, which IMO is ridiculous on a car that doesn't have stop/start. They also can't decide on the dimensions. I don't want to mess about under the bonnet accessing mine for a looksee, so your help would be appreciated. Thanks. Jo
    "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

  • #2
    Hi Jo67. Long time no see. How are ya? I've just had a quick browse through Eurocarparts for a 1.6, petrol, 2013 engine and the specs do vary, as you have stated. Have you chucked your numberplate in to see if narrows it down any? I dont have your engine to check mine for you. BeefMasta has a THP. He might be able to help more.
    DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

    Comment


    • #3
      when i put thp into tanya batteries is gives a 027 60ah 530A battery.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Funky View Post
        Hi Jo67. Long time no see. How are ya? I've just had a quick browse through Eurocarparts for a 1.6, petrol, 2013 engine and the specs do vary, as you have stated. Have you chucked your numberplate in to see if narrows it down any? I dont have your engine to check mine for you. BeefMasta has a THP. He might be able to help more.
        Hi Funky. I'm fine, thanks. Yep, tried the number plate but they're still all over the place. Might have to get my hands dirty.
        "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
        https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by naijishi View Post
          when i put thp into tanya batteries is gives a 027 60ah 530A battery.
          Thanks. I had done that but I don't know if Tayna are a decent company or not. Any personal experience, can you recommend them?
          "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
          https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

          Comment


          • #6
            used them about 5 times in last 3 years for different cars, never an issues with them at all and usually a good price. i normally go for Exide batteries, but many people have their own preferences, Varta batteries apparently are not as good as they used to be, made for cost effective more now, same as bosch supposedly are doing also. so their quality has suffered. Bt no issues whatsoever with Tanya batteries and as isaid much better prices than eurocar parts usually

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by naijishi View Post
              used them about 5 times in last 3 years for different cars, never an issues with them at all and usually a good price. i normally go for Exide batteries, but many people have their own preferences, Varta batteries apparently are not as good as they used to be, made for cost effective more now, same as bosch supposedly are doing also. so their quality has suffered. Bt no issues whatsoever with Tanya batteries and as isaid much better prices than eurocar parts usually
              Well, that's good enough for me. Thanks a lot.
              "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
              https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

              Comment


              • #8
                i see why iits an issue, eurocarparts give a totally different size battery than tanya, about 30mm bigger on tanya, and its the same story witht the other sights. if you are going to change it yourself it may be worth having a quick double check in the engine bay to make sure what will fit. Saying that Tanya have never sent me a wrong fitting battery in the past. ijust dont want to be the reason you get a ill fitting battery.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by naijishi View Post
                  i see why iits an issue, eurocarparts give a totally different size battery than tanya, about 30mm bigger on tanya, and its the same story witht the other sights. if you are going to change it yourself it may be worth having a quick double check in the engine bay to make sure what will fit. Saying that Tanya have never sent me a wrong fitting battery in the past. ijust dont want to be the reason you get a ill fitting battery.
                  Don't worry, I won't blame you.
                  "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
                  https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I decided to get my hands dirty and physically checked the battery. It's a genuine Citroen battery 60Ah 640CCA dimensions 242 x 175 x 190mm. In the end I opted for the Tayna recommended Enduroline battery 60Ah 530CCA. It seemed to have good reviews. It's still 12Ah and 130CCAs more than Kwik-Fit, ATS, and the like wanted to fit.
                    "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
                    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      good to know that the tanya site was giving the correct size, on further looking the shorter battery that eurocarparts were offering was the size that Tanya had for the 1.6vti ds3 and the 027 was for the THP so after seeing they had put those options i was a bit more confident that they were going to be correct. I suppose a battery specialist should be given the benefit of the doubt over a generic car supplier. Nice to have t confirmed tho,so thanks

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by naijishi View Post
                        good to know that the tanya site was giving the correct size, on further looking the shorter battery that eurocarparts were offering was the size that Tanya had for the 1.6vti ds3 and the 027 was for the THP so after seeing they had put those options i was a bit more confident that they were going to be correct. I suppose a battery specialist should be given the benefit of the doubt over a generic car supplier. Nice to have t confirmed tho,so thanks
                        Better safe than sorry, I thought. I appreciated your Tayna recommendation.
                        "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
                        https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X