No announcement yet.

DS3R Engine Issue - Ongoing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collected my car this morning after Citroen UK's tech guys have been down and diagnosed the problem to be the injectors and control unit so they replaced all four injectors and the control unit.

Took it home via the long route and as soon as I went to accelerate up the slip road to join the motorway it hesitated badly, so no change.

I have informed the dealer and CUK that they will be receiving my letter of intention to reject the car within 7 days by recorded delivery.

Enough is enough, 5 attempts to fix it is ample.

I don't want an engine swap as they clearly don't know if it's mechanical or electrical, and to be honest I'm not sure now that I want a replacement car.

Apparently the PCV issue doesn't apply to the DS3R and if I removed the pipe the warranty will be invalidated, something for anyone who has applied the fix to think about.

Will keep you updated as to how things progress.

Stef
    2 X Citroen DS3 Racings - Both rejected

Comment

Thats one helluva bad luck you got there.

Comment

Sorry to hear this bud.
        DS3 120VTi Black + White

Comment

Reject it Stef enough is enough. Sorry about your problems mate

Comment

Thanks guys, the problem is that this is driving me away from the brand, I really don't know if I want a replacement, but pound for pound there simply isn't anything else in the same class as the DS3R.

Stef

Comment

In Finland, it costs the same as Impreza WRX.
              But we got expensive cars in here tbh... New impreza STI racing sedan is 67000€ and WRX is nearly 45k.

What you planning if you don't want another citroŽn..? Mini is one option?

OT: Our ds3 was 27k with some extras.

Comment

Stef Sorry It's come to this for you. Good luck
                Originally posted by cyclone
                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                Originally posted by Broda
                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

you can buy my 90HDi if you want ;P
                  sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
                  Third time around.
                  Work in Progress

Comment

The only other car I've seriously looked at is an Audi S5 but then I'm back to high car tax and low MPG which was the reason I got rid of my last car, could go back to a Land Rover product but then I'm up against more reliability issues!

Stef

Comment

haha get a alfa!

then you wont be disappointed if it breaks down... as its guaranteed to
                      sigpic.

Third time around.
                      Work in Progress

Comment

Originally posted by Rickzayne View Post
                        haha get a alfa!

then you wont be disappointed if it breaks down... as its guaranteed to
                        I was thinking that the other day!

Actually we got rid of our Fiat 500 a couple of months ago, it was almost 3 years old and the only warranty claim was a windscreen washer jet!

Hopefully our Abarth 500 will be just as reliable, seems the French have finally overtaken the Italians when it comes to unreliability!

Stef

Comment

Sorry to hear it's come to this Stef.

Comment

Right, I've just dropped off my Racing and collected a DS3 White Edition Hdi for the duration, fingers crossed that it gets fixed, it's their final chance............................

Stef

Comment

bet you love that white edition so much you'll want to buy mine =]]
                              sigpic.

Third time around.
                              Work in Progress

Comment

dont bank on it. after havin the breather pipe ( modified ) drive to work today fine drive home ???????? engine management light wot a f*kin suprise. so i took it straight to citroen "ohh ok well we will have to book it in" i hate tht they must think ive got all the time in the world to bring my car too them :@. ive had enough dunno how uve put up with it stef i relli dont. im done now im f*kin fumin. hence ive gotta wait till thursday next week to get it in and hope they sort it before wales otherwise ill have a courtesy car ( racing ) off um ha. complanits department here i come!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X