Infotainment system restarting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infotainment system restarting

Just took delivery of my new DS3 Performance Line 130 and within 20 miles of receiving it the touch screen has thrown a massive wobbly. The car is brand new (well it's a 17, but it is a pre-reg with just 10 miles on the clock)

It basically rebooted itself then became unresponsive and kept rebooting itself over and over.

My wife's, which is a 6 month old 67 reg, did exactly the same last week but was OK the next day.

Obviously I'll be taking it back to the dealer for answers, bit wonder if anybody else had suffered with this.

Anybody else had this? Known issue? Software problem? Has it been fixed?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I had this with mine- Was told it was a software update needed- this solved it for a few months then its just started again -_-

Comment

Does it happen much then?

Comment

Are you using bluetooth? Common problem with smeg radio's, they crash in combination with some phones.
        Ifso, turn of bluetooth on the phone and disconnect (remove) it from the radio. Will fix the problem.
        None of the OnePlus family plays nice with the smeg...

Comment

Yeah using Bluetooth with a Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge. Not an ideal solution as obviously I'd like to use hands free calling and music streaming.

Comment

But did it work?

Comment

Originally posted by V3nn3tj3
              But did it work?
              Not tried it yet

Comment

Can confirm after having another episode of this that turning off my Bluetooth on the phone and restarting the car, the radio stops it's eternal restart loop.

Any actual fix for this other than don't use Bluetooth? Is it the phone (S7 Edge) or the head unit? Do other phones cause this issue?

It's disappointing that a 15k has such a shitty radio. Especially when Bluetooth music is the only way to play your own music and hands free phonecalls are pretty much the norm these days.

Comment

Revisiting this. I switched my phone to a Huawei P20 Pro and as yet no reboot issue, so obviously something in the phone Bluetooth was causing this.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X